Rive Gauche Guest Facilities
Accommodation at Rive Gauche is in a stylish, architect designed home set in a peaceful semi-rural setting with its own vineyard. Located near Huka Falls and just 3 kms from Lake Taupo, Rive Gauche offers luxury accommodation, with either bed and breakfast or self catering options. Some special features to make your stay with us both favourable and enjoyable:
- Main lounge with views over the vineyard and the Waikato River valley, open wood fire, Sky TV and piano.
- Breakfast served in the main dining room between 8 and 9 am or at a time to suit your needs. We are happy to cater for guests with special requirements.
- A kitchenette with fridge, crockery and tea/coffee making facilities is available for guests in our bed and breakfast rooms.
- Free Wifi access is available in all rooms, SKY TV in the main lounge and Freeview TV in two guests rooms.
- Laundry facilities are available on request. A small charge applies for use of the clothes dryer.
- Off-street parking and safe storage for bikes/kayaks etc.
- 30 minutes walk from the Huka Falls, New Zealand's best known natural tourist attraction.
- Wairakei International golf course only 5 km away.
Rive Gauche Environment and Smoking Policies
We try hard to be environmentally-friendly by using ecological cleaning products, following organic gardening principles, avoiding toxic sprays, composting green waste and recycling rubbish.
A heat exchange system is used for water heating and we have heat pumps in our living areas and in the studio.
The house is double-glazed throughout.
While we don't ban smokers, we have a non-smoking policy inside our home and ask that you smoke outside.